August 11, 2015

Share the Covers--Sexual Healing

The original by Marvin Gaye . . . 

 
And the rad cover by Ben Harper . . .

 
Boy this summer got away from Patrick and I.  While we have had a lot of fun doing a lot of family stuff, the two of us haven't done much together.  And that makes me kind of sad because I really do love just hanging out with my husband.  So this week, my weekly resolution is to do something romantic everyday--even if it is small.  

I have been and will be updating on Instagram if you care to follow along and on Friday I will give you some ideas to do the same if you're interested!  Romance shouldn't end with kids.  In fact, it is so important to keep the romance going especially after kids because you can get so caught up in their needs and activities that you kind of put your relationship to the wayside.

Not to mention the stress of having kids--the lack of sleep, the endless extra expenses, the physical wariness of keeping up with their schedules.  You never get a minute to yourself, let alone with each other!  So if you can't afford (time or money-wise) to go on dates, there are some small things that you can do to just let each other know that you appreciate them, that you love them and that you are thinking of them.

And in an incredibly awkward transition, today is my baby brother's birthday!  A talented musician, funny as hell and really going in the right direction in life.  I am so proud of the obstacles he has overcome.  Happy 27th birthday Brotha Man!  Love ya!

 
White Jeans-Walmart
Sleeveless Trench Vest-Charlotte Russe
Tropical Print Floral Sheer Blouse-thrifted
Silver Pumps-Shoe Carnival
Yellow Bag-Claire's
Earrings-gifted 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs