April 20, 2015

Make it Work Monday #12

Two words: Man Repeller.  We all know her.  Highly successful blogger who is not afraid to go beyond the "norms" of everyday dressing, donning herself in designer labels head to toe.  Really her blog needs no introduction.  And while a lot of her work is controversial, her style has always intrigued me.  And so this look was inspired by one of hers--using Stylebook, of course.


This weekend was a doozy you guys.  We had back-to-back-to-back stuff from Friday morning until . . .  well we're still going.  Friday was Brielle's birthday.  Then she had a dance performance on Saturday.  Then my friend Steve's memorial service was after that.  Then we had Conner and Brielle's birthday parties.  Then we had a family BBQ.

It was one of those weekends where you say, and I hate when people say this by the way but it totally fits so I'm going to be cliche here and say it, you need a weekend from your weekend.  Up late in the night, back up early in the morning.  Prepping, cleaning, eating, driving.

But you know what?  I love it.  I really do.  And the only positive that comes from losing someone so young is that it really puts into perspective how amazing life is.  I am so busy.  I am so exhausted.  I am absolutely spent.

But I'm happy.  I have my kids--all in good health.  I have my husband who makes me infinitely happy.  I have amazing family and even though I don't get to see them nearly as often as I want to I have amazing friends too.

And in the scheme of things, who cares that I mucked up Conner and Brielle's cake that looked all crumbly?  Who cares if there is crap on my floors from the two birthday parties I hosted when the family BBQ starts?   What does it matter that everything is not perfect?

I have everything in my life that is important to me.  Everything that really matters.  And this weekend I was busy, but I was busy watching my daughter proudly dance on stage and helping a really amazing friend in her time of need and making my kids smile and filling their bellies with homemade donuts just like my mom used to make.  So really, it was a great weekend.

PS--Please visit the GoFundMe page set up for my friend Bekey and her family.  Every little bit really makes a huge difference.



Skinny Cargo Pants-Kohls
Halter Top-Old Navy
Studded Beanie-Target
Tennies-Keds, thrifted
Earrings-gifted
Mirrored Aviators-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs