January 27, 2015

Share the Covers--Fools Rush In

There are so many versions of this song, but here are my two favorites.  This one by Elvis Presley (classic):


And my ultimate favorite version of the song by UB40:

 

So.  Valentine's Day is coming up.  We don't celebrate it.  For one, it's kind of like making saying I love you a "to-do" with a marked calendar day.  For two, Patrick and I's birthdays are too close to Valentine's Day (his is this Thursday and mine is February 6th) and we are sick of getting Valentine's stuff for our birthdays.  

But one thing that you can't get enough of, especially as a lady, is flowers.  Patrick is really, really good in the flower department.  He frequently surprises me with flowers and although I never thought of myself as a flower girl, I have grown to love them.

And the great thing about flowers is that you don't necessarily need a reason to get someone flowers.  In fact, that is the greatest time to get flowers--at a time when you don't expect it.  Sending someone flowers as a thank you, as a thinking of you, as a congrats or just because is a wonderful way to show someone that they matter.

So when The Bouqs contacted me to review their flowers and the ordering process, I was happy to oblige.  I had Patrick pick the bouquet and he chose The Desperado.   I knew it would be a great winter flower arrangement.  To let the colors in the bouquet shine, I opted for a more muted outfit than normal.

Let me first say that The Bouqs has sooo many flowers to choose from.  They all look gorgeous and they have really kitschy names, which I find fun.  They also have different sizes and you are able to customize a message to send with them.

I ordered the flowers about a week before they arrived.   I knew right away that the first thing I wanted to examine was just how "fresh" the flowers still were after being shipped for a week.  Needless to say, when I received the flowers they were in a box that I practically had to perform surgery on just to get to the flowers themselves.  I have to say, that is great for preservation (though maybe not as much for presentation).

As you can see, the flowers were still in impeccable shape.  I did have to take off a few dying petals, but for the most part, the bouquet looked as alive as it would have if I picked it up in a shop that same day.  A little while in a vase with water and they were just perfect.

All in all, a great experience.  I would absolutely use The Bouqs personally again and have already thought of many people and occasions for which to use them again.  They are fairly priced and the gorgeous arrangement speaks for itself--beautiful.  They would totally brighten up anyone's day.

Grey Jeans-thrifted; Pale Pink Cropped Sweater-thrifted; Oversized Oxford Shirt-Wal-Mart; Salmon Colored Kitten Heels-Nine West, thrifted; Pearl Necklace and Earrings-gifted from Patrick from Qatar; Flowers c/o The Bouqs

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs