January 5, 2015

Make it Monday #4

I don't know who this woman is, honestly, but I have seen her all over Pinterest for many years and I have yet to see an outfit on her that I didn't like.  I've been eyeing this look for a while now, so I decided to try to recreate it.


Of course because of the gorgeous fro on the woman in the inspiration, I had to keep my hair curly for this look.  And while I am almost unable to fit in these trousers anymore--cool because it means I'm losing weight, but not so cool because I really love these trouers--I did like the way that the look came out.

And after a week of winter whites last week, I was more than happy to throw this colorful little number into the blog mix.  And it's sort of a belated Christmas color look--red and mint.  Which reminds me of a Christmas miracle story that I have been meaning to share but haven't yet.

So back in mid-November, my niece had surgery that left her in a body cast for three weeks.  She had the surgery as a result of her spina bifida.  Needless to say, it was more of a struggle than usual for my sister and brother in law to take care of her.  And, true to form, my niece was a trooper during the whole time. 

So about a week before Christmas, Santa showed up at my sister's house with an armful of gifts for my nieces.  My brother in law, being from Australia, is firm on the "no gift opening before Christmas" rule, so the presents stayed under the tree.  The whole time, my sister and brother in law have no idea who this "Santa" actually was.

On Christmas, the girls got to open their gifts.  Anya, my niece who had the surgery, got an iPad.  My other two nieces got a bunch of toys and dolls.  My sister and brother in law got a bunch of gift certificates and dinner for Christmas.  It was amazing and while they don't know who to thank for it all--there isn't another family who is more deserving.

Red Trousers-thrifted; Mint Mesh Sweater-Target; Leopard Print Heels-Target; Bag-Target; Fringe Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs