December 18, 2014

Thursday Mixer--Black Maxi Dress

I got this black maxi dress on a whim a few months before I found out I was pregnant with Reilly.  It proved to be very versatile during the awkward pregnancy stages as well as after the pregnancy.  It was $15 and I've worn it 5 times here.  So the current price per wear is $3 and I don't see it staying stagnant for much longer.

Now, 2, 3, 4, 5

So you guys.  Guess what happened to me.  Kaden started hip hop dance class.  He's always been amazing at dancing (naturally takes after his mother) and really wanted to join.  He had to wait until after their last performance, but was able to start class on Tuesday night.

Naturally, he totally killed it.  So much so, in fact, that the dance teacher wanted to talk to me after class.  She wanted to offer Kaden a job assistant teaching her boys' hip hop class--which he can legall obtain at 14.  On Thursday.  For $8 per hour.

At first I was overjoyed for him, and I still am.  But I was suddenly overcome with emotion.  Oh my Gooooooood!  My baby has a job!  His first job!  He's going to have a paycheck and a W-2 and a work schedule.  He's going to have something to put on his resume.  He's going to be on the grid!!!!  He just turned 14 last month!

So I spent the evening rocking back and forth, forcing back tears and reminiscing over his first steps and his first words, blubbering inaudibly into his baby book.

Black Maxi Dress-Wal-Mart; Lace Blouse-thrifted; Booties-Nine West, gifted; Necklace-vintage from Grandma; Earrings-vintage from Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs