December 7, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--Mullet Skirt




 I got this skirt back when they were "all the rage" earlier this year.  And even though I don't wear it as much as I convinced myself I should when I "needed" one, it has not disappointed.  I love this skirt.

1, 2, 3, 4

One of the things that made me nervous to do without Patrick's help (well one of many) was getting a Christmas tree.  You know?  Schlepping three kids to the tree lot and shoving a tree in or on my Saturn, strapping it down with those elastic thingys, getting it home, getting it in, sawing off the trunk and whatnots.

Well, Patrick continues to take care of me and our family even in his absence.  Without me ever asking him to or even really mentioning the tree thing, he called his dad up and asked him to come down to surprise us with a tree.

It was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen.  Now it really feels like Christmas.  And it totally lightened my mood from the other day about all the bummers of Christmas this year.

And the awesomeness continued through the whole decorating extravaganza.  It is seriously one of my favorite holiday traditions ever--picking out a tree, getting the lights on it, breaking out the old homemade ornaments.  I love when my kids find one they made and get a huge smile on their faces like they are so proud of themselves.

I have been absolutely exhausted today for whatever reason.  Usually we listen to Christmas music while we trim the tree, but the Broncos were playing the Raiders so, according to my boys, we just had to watch that.  

After the tree decorating and between getting the kids in and out of the shower, I decided to curl up on the couch and just rest.  I wasn't asleep, but my eyes were closed.  And so I heard this conversation from Kaden to Brielle:

"Brielle, don't wake up mom.  She's getting . . . well not old . . . but getting to an older age . . . and she gets tired easily.  She's a lawyer's assistant.  Yeah, she works for lawyers.  It's tiring."  And then, they covered me with a blanket and my daughter gave me a kiss on the cheek.  This is what the holidays are made of. 

Mullet Skirt-Rue 21; Suede and Ribbed Cardigan-Avalin, thrifted; Zipper Oxford-Cabi, thrifted; Leopard Print Socks-Target; Platform Loafers-Ana, gifted; Earrings-gifted


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs