December 9, 2012

Red Ball



A week ago, I had the pleasure of attending the Red Ball in Denver.  It was the fourth annual one and I was so excited and pleased.

I was a little nervous about dressing for it, to be honest.  I mean, I know what to wear to a fashion show (see here, here, here or here), but a ball?

I decided on a simple yet chic (and new!) red dress from Old Navy.  I added some (also new!), fun, sparkly, festive, silver and red studded cap toe heels and funky striped tights.


And I found it the perfect time to whip out my Grandmother's fur stroller.  I always get so nervous about wearing it.  It is so old and it was my Grandmother's favorite accessory. 

But after consulting with the two besties and my fave style peeps, Chris and Matty, I was told it was a go.

I felt like this was a sleek combo for the evening and perfectly appropriate for the occasion and the holiday season.

I had been really stoked about this evening for a long time.  It combined two very important things for me: bringing fashion to Denver and more importantly, raising money and awareness about AIDS.

I found this dress last minute (like literally the day before) at Old Navy and the shoes (also the day before) at Ross.

This is the most picture heavy to date.  But it'll be worth it.

Fur Stroller-vintage from Granmda; Red Dress-Old Navy; Cap Toe Studded Red and Silver Heels-Ross; Striped Tights-gifted; Earrings-Shane Co., gifted; Monogram Necklace-Target; Clutch-Candie's


It was amazing to see what a difference a day made.  Having been at the rehearsal the day before, I could not believe how well the place cleaned up.

There were booths and booths of silent auction pieces.  This was my fave:

The had fire dancers from Fireprism.  These girls were the bomb dot com:

And they had these dancers called grinders.  It was like techno dancing with grinding tools that sparked off of the metal plates sewn to their clothing.

This girl was my fave.  She hula-ed this thing from her neck down to her knees.

And they had this guy from Aerial Fabric Acrobatics:

These were the two gentlemen from the Colorado AIDS Project:

And it was m.c.-ed by Chris Parente from Fox 31 in Denver:

And, without further ado, here are the designers, the hair stylists and, most importantly, the clothes . . .   You'll first see the names of the designers and hair stylists.  Then, if I was able to get one, a photo of the designer.  And the clothes after that follow the designers. 

Jump of Joy and Henry's Salon

Here is the designer





BlingTwist and Bronze + Beautiful






Here is the designer


Kimono Dragons and Rebelle Salon

Here is the designer


That's right.  Unicorn hair.  My girl Angie would be stoked.


Here is the designer




Here is the designer

 


Here is the team




Ugly's Pleasures Chainmail and Von Ya's Salon

Here is the designer
 








Here is the designer
 




Here is the designer
 
It needs to be said that every piece in her collection was made from recycled AIDS day t-shirts.





Here is the designer
 





Here is the designer
 



Gabriela Designs & Alterations and Scarlet Salon

Here is the designer


 



Here is the designer
 





Here is the designer


 




Construction Zone and Enchante

Here is the designer
 





Here is the designer
 





Here is the designer
 










Here is the designer
 

For the record, this dress stole the show.  For real.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs