December 5, 2012

Pinch Me


 

Ladies and gentlemen.  Prepare yourself for what I deem the most fate-filled ironic crazy day I've had . . . well recently anyway.  It all started with this:

In Patrick's absence, I've found more downtime to do random things of joy, like becoming addicted to my Stylebook app on my iPad.  This style came up and appealed to me as something to try out this morning.  Of course, you will see, it is an inspiration of an outfit by Keiko Lynn

So, my blah day from yesterday started carrying out to this morning.  I was in a bit of a tizzy, snotty attitude.  Brandy, the associate at my work, comes in with two bags of Christmas gifts for the donations our firm is doing and asks me to wrap them.  Ok, no problem.  Then I offer to take them to the Bar Association to drop them off for her because she was running late for a meeting.

Now, I've never actually been to the Bar Association before and didn't know where it was.  It took me forever to find it and then I had to pay to park, I forgot to bring the company card, I eff-ed up the parking machine paying thing and accidentally paid for twice what I needed and I had to hoof it and search for this place on foot.   

But, I did have the wherewithal to realize that the Bar Association was down on Pearl Street.  And it is just adorable down there.  Round these parts, it's the haps.  But . . . it's very busy.  And although I am perfectly fine taking my pictures in the depths of desolate public, I'm still weary about putting up a tripod in the middle of a crowd and smile and pose.  But, to be on the safe side, I decided I would change purses, put the camera in it, take my wallet and put my tripod in the case on my back under my cape.  Just in case.  It was smooth.  

So I go.  I deliver the gifts.  I walk around a little bit to see if I could find a cute and completely abandoned place to set up shop for a mini photo op.  After I was at the end of the mall, I decided such a place didn't exist on Pearl Street AND it was windy and I didn't bring my emergency leg weight thing to strap to my tripod and I didn't want to risk my third camera mishap in nearly two years.  So I basically gave up and started to head back to the car.

As I turn the corner, I see a group of girls in white t-shirts.  Suddenly a light bulb goes off in my head and my brain starts firing thoughts of this post by none other than Keiko herself (remember?  the inspiration for my outfit?).  She is collaborating with the Cotton company and she had stated in this post that the Cotton Road to Runway was coming to Boulder on December 5th from 11-4.  Originally, I had planned to make a point to come down because I thought Keiko would be there and I could meet her.  I had put it in my calendar, but it had somehow gotten erased and I had long forgotten about it.  

As these thoughts were processing in my mind, the girls race over to me and ask if they could take my picture for their style street contest they are holding for Cotton.  "You would be perfect!" they say.  I start chatting with them about how I knew what they were doing and how I had forgotten about it and how I had a style blog too.   

So here I find myself, in an outfit inspired by Keiko, at the event I had originally planned on going to and forgotten about, with my proper bag for my outfit and my wallet to give out business cards.   And how random does a style street photographer show up in freaking Colorado?  WTF?

So, I know it was just something small in the scheme of things.  I mean, I have nooooo chance in winning (the winner gets something like $1,400 or a trip to Florida for a fashion show or something).  I mean, not only are there about a million entries and I guess they've been open for submissions other than the street style photographers (you can enter here).

But whatever.  It was still freaking cool to me and it totally turned my frown upside down and that's what counts.

And I found it also interestingly ironic that I happen to be wearing a dress given to me specifically for my blog and I am also wearing wedges that I won in a giveaway off of another blog.

So after all that, notice that I still found an alleyway slightly outside of Pearl Street to take my blog photos.  What can I say?  Old habits, you know.

 Dress-c/o eShakti; Cape-Marshall's; Canvas Wedges-c/o Blowfish; Briefcase, vintage and gifted; Knit Thigh High

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs