December 28, 2012

No Offense




When I was younger, my sister made a comment about the way I eat.  "You chew weird."  She had said.  Since that day, I have never liked to eat around other people.  I do it, obviously, but I get really self conscious about it.

So a week or so ago, I got a gift.  I'm not going to say who it was, but let's just say we are pretty much acquaintances.

It was a pedicure.  And I thought it was really thoughtful and sweet.  But . . .

After thanking her, she went on to say "well, I've seen your toes."  I was . . . a little stunned.  I mean, I've always been a bit self conscious about my feet anyway.  I waited for a giggle or some sign she was joking.  I don't think she meant it in a rude or mean way, but it didn't seem like she was joking.  And, we're not friends so the joking around factor wasn't really there.

When I told Patrick about it he asked me why it was bothering me.  I didn't really know how to answer it honestly.  I mean, I know she didn't mean it in a mean way, but I couldn't help but feel a little buuuuuuuurned. 

Isn't it weird how you can get compliments, and you don't discount them and most of the time you remember them, but when someone says something that could be deemed hurtful, you mildly obsess about it for over a week?  At any rate, I'm glad that open toe shoe season is quite far in the future.  Speaking of, yes I realize.  Dog hair all over the vest.  What are ya gonna do?

 Sweater-Eddie Bauer, thrifted; Fur and Suede Vest-Marshall's; Camel Skinnies-Cherokee; Shearling Lined Lace Up Booties-Mossimo

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs