December 8, 2012

Halfway There




So today was a very special day in a couple of different ways.

First and foremost, we are officially at the halfway mark of Patrick's deployment!  And I got these delivered to me today:

I really don't know how I got so lucky as to call this man my husband.  I know he's only gonna be gone a few months, but it has been so hard.

I don't mean to always seem like I am dependent on Patrick, or anyone.  It's not that.  I can do the single parent thing.  Hell, I've done it for several years.

It's that I truly just genuinely miss him.  I miss joking with him.  I miss hanging out with him.  I even miss things that I never thought I would like his constant sexual innuendos or always making me stop and kiss him as soon as I get home, no matter how busy or stressed I am.

And that makes me feel so spoiled in comparison to other military wives.  I mean, Patrick is going to be gone for the holidays and we just got married.  But he's coming back relatively soon.  And we get to talk and/or Face Time pretty regularly.  There are some women who go through years without seeing their husbands.  They give birth to their children without their husbands.  

The other special thing about today?  It is Patrick and I's three month anniversary.  I know, not really a big deal.  And I'm one of those "let's just celebrate the years" girls.  But I just can't help to think back three months to one of the best days of my life.

And so I appropriately chose to take my outfit photos at the Callahan House, where we got married three months ago.  Just as I did for our two month anniversary.

Today I mailed Patrick's Christmas package.  I hope he gets it in time because I mailed him a package a month ago and he still hasn't gotten it yet.  Hmmph.

Do you want to know what else made my day today?  Speaking of post offices and pleasant surprises?

So I pull up to the house this morning to see a box by my doorstep.  It was from Lynne!

And inside were a bunch of pretty, pretty clothes!  I'm so excited!  Polka dots and stripes and pretty teal maxi dresses galore!

I tried them all on and all with the exception of a pair of trousers *sniff* fit me perfectly!  And she sent this adorable card--it has robins on it!

Isn't that nicest thing ever?  I can't wait to show them off to you!

So many reasons to be grateful today.  I truly am blessed.

Pleather Leggins-Kohl's; Oversized Oxford Shirt-Wal-Mart; Fur and Suede Vest-Marshall's; Bag-Bebe, gifted; Charcoal Grey Socks-Ross; Suede and Studded Boots-Forever 21; Necklace and Earrings-gifted


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs